We are looking for experienced Big Data Engineers with an analytical skill set that overlaps with that of the data scientist (to some degree), who will be able to build and implement a combined data management and data processing infrastructure. We daily process 10s of TB of data.
In first months you will:
- Help us set our Google Cloud pipelines
- Write batch and stream jobs (Spark)
- Process several terabytes of data containing price and flights availability information, which will be used for right price setting and content optimization and predictions
- Close coop with research, search and analytics teams
- Build platform for analytics on Druid DB
- Prior experience writing ETL
- Fluent in Python (Java or Scala nice to have)
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (Dataproc, Pub/Sub, BigQuery) or AWS infrastructure
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of columnar databases (Apache Parquet, Druid)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of streaming platform like Kafka
- Knowledge of relational databases (Postgres)
Why it rocks to be at Kiwi.com?
- We deploy immediately after a job is completed, not after months of QA.
- Do, fail, learn – repeat! We understand that mistakes happen and we learn fast.
- We decide which cutting-edge technologies are appropriate for the task.
- We love contributing and using Open Source.
- We visit and speak at conferences and technological events worldwide.
- We code at hackathons and other competitions.
- We support the local technological community.
- We use our work time wisely with a friendly vacation policy and work schedule.
- We also like to party and hang out together.
- We work, play, relax, workout and even nap in our offices (complete with sauna, gym, masseur, sleeping spots, canteen, chillout zones, free refreshments, etc).
- Dogs, kids and parties are welcome in our offices.
- We also enjoy common benefits, such as meal vouchers, flexible benefits scheme, sick days, VIP Medical Care, flight vouchers, multisport card, etc..
- Besides a fair salary, we can also look forward to quarterly bonuses dependent on our performance
Interested? Join us and hack the traditional ways of travel!
Your manager to be