This article was published on June 2, 2022, and all the information in the article is correct as of this time. Before you book your trip, we highly recommend that you also check official sources for the most up-to-date travel requirements, as they are subject to constant change.
Can I enter Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijan is open for tourism to a limited number of countries as of April 2022. Please read the information concerning COVID-19 restrictions to find out if you can enter the country.
Can I enter Azerbaijan if I am vaccinated/recovered?
You can enter Azerbaijan if you are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated if you have received both doses of the vaccination at least 14 days before entering Azerbaijan.
As of April 2022, four vaccine drugs are approved in Azerbaijan:
- Sputnik V
Travel documents if you are vaccinated/recovered
You have to present one of the following documents:
- A certificate confirming your vaccination status
- A certificate confirming your recovery status
Can I enter Azerbaijan if I am unvaccinated?
Please be aware that unvaccinated travelers cannot enter Azerbaijan for tourism as of April 2022.
Who cannot enter Azerbaijan?
If you are a citizen of countries not included in the list below, you cannot enter Azerbaijan for tourism.:
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
Can I leave Azerbaijan if I am vaccinated?
There are no restrictions for vaccinated travelers leaving Azerbaijan.
Travel documents if I am vaccinated
- A certificate of complete vaccination against COVID-19 in paper or electronic format
In addition, a COVID-19 test may also be required in certain countries. Please check the rules of your destination country in advance.
Can I leave Azerbaijan if I am unvaccinated?
Unvaccinated travelers can leave Azerbaijan.
Travel documents if I am unvaccinated
- A certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (no more than 180 days old before the day of crossing the border of a particular country)
- A negative COVID-19 test result (the relevant period and kind of test may vary, please check the requirements of the destination country)
COVID-19 situation in Azerbaijan currently
At present, the COVID-19 situation in Azerbaijan has become safer due to the increasing number of vaccinated people.
Is it safe to travel to Azerbaijan now?
Travel to Azerbaijan is safe provided you follow basic COVID-19 regulations:
- Wearing masks is mandatory indoors
- Sterilizing your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or washing with soap and water regularly
- Avoiding close contact with people who show symptoms of the illness
Is Baku open for travel?
Baku is open for travel. Please note that COVID-19 regulations in the capital are the same as in the rest of the country.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Azerbaijan?
No quarantine is required upon entry to Azerbaijan presently.
How do I get a health pass to travel to Azerbaijan?
You can use digital applications issued by your country to show COVID-19-related documents.
Visit our Travel Restriction section at Kiwi.com Stories to read more travel restrictions articles