This article was published on April 1, 2022, and all the information in the article is correct as of this time. Before you book your trip, we highly recommend that you also check official sources for the most up-to-date travel requirements, as they are subject to constant change.
Can I enter Cyprus?
Presently, Cyprus is open for tourism to a limited number of countries. Take your time to learn all the COVID-19 restrictions and find out if you can enter Cyprus.
Please note that all travelers have to register at Cyprus Flight Pass 48 hours prior to departure. All vaccination documents and COVID-19 test results must be uploaded to this application.
Can I enter Cyprus if I am vaccinated/recovered?
You can enter Cyprus if you are vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated at least 14 days after completing your vaccination course.
As of March 2022, the following vaccines are approved in Cyprus
- Oxford / AstraZeneca
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Sputnik V
- Sputnik light (only as a booster)
Travel documents if I am vaccinated/recovered
- A certificate confirming your vaccination/recovery status
Please, be aware that in terms of restrictions, the status of recovery from COVID-19 is equal to the status of full vaccination. Consequently, a recovery certificate is valid for entering Cyprus.
Can I enter Cyprus if I am unvaccinated?
You can enter Cyprus if you are unvaccinated.
Travel documents if I am unvaccinated
- A negative PCR test result taken 72 hours before departure or a negative result of a rapid antigen test taken 24 hours prior to departure (all countries)
- A negative PCR test result, obtained upon arrival in Cyprus at the airport (travelers from “green” countries are exempt from this requirement)
Traveling to Cyprus from “green,” “red,” and “gray” countries
The Cyprus Government divides all countries into “green,” “red,” and “gray” countries. Testing requirements (see above) and quarantine regulations (see below) depend on the color of your departure countries. The list of countries is in effect from March 24, 2022.
Green countries include:
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Red countries include:
- China (including Hong Kong and Macau)
- Czech Republic
- the Netherlands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City
Gray countries include all third countries categorized neither in “green,” nor in “red” lists.
Can I leave Cyprus?
You can leave Cyprus. Please ensure that you’ve checked the requirements of your destination country concerning COVID-19 tests for vaccinated and recovered travelers. Several countries demand tests regardless.
Travel documents if I am vaccinated
Vaccinated travelers must have one of the following documents to leave Cyprus:
- The EU digital COVID certificate (to travel within the EU)
- Another document confirming vaccination (to travel outside the EU)
Travel documents if I am unvaccinated
If you are unvaccinated, please present one of the following documents:
- A certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (no more than 180 days old before the day of crossing the border of a particular country)
- A negative COVID-19 test result (the relevant period and kind of test may vary, please check the requirements of the destination country)
COVID-19 situation in Cyprus currently
As of March 2022, international travel to Cyprus is safe following several COVID-19 restrictions that are in place.
Is it safe to travel to Cyprus right now?
Your visit to Cyprus will be safe if you follow the local regulations:
- Wearing masks indoors is obligatory
- In restaurants and bars, up to eight people are allowed per table
- Maintaining social distance is mandatory
Is Nicosia open for travel?
Presently, Nicosia is open for travelers. Please follow the main COVID-19-related regulations.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Cyprus?
Presently, only travelers arriving from grey countries are obliged to undergo a mandatory 14-days self-isolation. They can take a PCR test on day seven and complete self-isolation as soon as they get a negative result.
How do I get a health pass to travel to Cyprus?
If you are traveling from the EU and Schengen Area, it would be a great benefit to install the EU Digital COVID Certificate. Travelers from outside the EU countries should carry their paper documents.
- Cyprus Flight Pass
- List of “green,” “red,” and “gray” countries divided as per Cyprus government