This article has been written on the April 13, 2022 and contains accurate information. However, we highly recommend you check the latest travel requirements before you book a trip since covid regulations are constantly updating.
Can I enter Georgia?
You can enter Georgia now. Nevertheless, an entry permit depends on your vaccination status. Please check the COVID-19 restrictions in place.
Can I enter Georgia if I am vaccinated?
You can enter Georgia if you are fully vaccinated. You are considered fully vaccinated if you have received both doses of a double-dose vaccination or one dose of single-dose vaccination at least 14 days before arriving in Georgia.
As of February 2022, the following vaccines are approved in Georgia:
- Comirnaty — Pfizer / BioNTech
- Vaxzevria — AstraZeneca
- Sinopharm — Bejing Institute of Biological
- CoronaVac — Sinovac Life Sciences
Travel documents if you are vaccinated
- A document confirming the full course of vaccination against COVID-19
Can I enter Georgia if I am unvaccinated?
Please be aware that only citizens or residence permit holders of certain countries are allowed to enter Georgia if they are unvaccinated and arrive directly from these countries:
- European Union Member States
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Northern Macedonia
- People’s Republic of China
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- Swiss Confederation
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
Travel documents if you are unvaccinated
Unvaccinated travelers have to present one of the following documents:
- A document confirming recovery from COVID-19
- A negative PCR test result that is no more than 72 hours old issued in Georgian, English or Russian
- A completed Registration form
In addition, unvaccinated travelers have to undergo a PCR test on day three of their stay in Georgia.
Certain travelers are exempt from the restrictions described above:
- Any person under the age of 10
- Representatives of the diplomatic missions and delegations and international organizations accredited to Georgia and their family members
- Family members of Georgian citizens, regardless of their nationality
- Participants of the humanitarian mission
- Individuals holding status-neutral ID card or travel documents;
- Individuals having a refugee status in Georgia
- Train and truck drivers, as well as aircrew members, involved in international traffic
Who cannot enter Georgia?
As of February 2022, all visitors are welcome in Georgia, provided they have fulfilled the entry requirements.
Can I leave Georgia?
There are no COVID-19 restrictions for leaving Georgia. Please, learn the requirements concerning COVID-19 tests for vaccinated travelers of the destination country in advance.
Travel documents if I am vaccinated
- A certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19 in paper or electronic format
Travel documents if I am unvaccinated
If you are unvaccinated, please present one of the following documents:
- A certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (no more than 180 days old before the day of crossing the border of a particular country)
- A negative COVID-19 test result (the relevant period and kind of test may vary, please check the requirements of the destination country)
COVID-19 situation in Georgia currently
As of February 2022, the COVID-19 situation in Georgia is moderate. In addition, around 53% of the local population have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Is it safe to travel to Georgia right now?
As in the rest of the world, COVID-19 is still a risk in Georgia. Basic COVID-19 rules, such as wearing masks in public places and avoiding close contacts, will help make your trip safer.
Is Tbilisi open for travel?
Presently, Tbilisi is open for travelers. COVID-19-related restrictions in the capital are the same as nationwide rules.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Georgia?
You do not have to quarantine upon arrival in Georgia regardless of your vaccination status or departure country.
How do I get a health pass to travel to Georgia?
All foreign arrivals can install the COVID Green Pass app to digitize their COVID-19 records for when they arrive in Georgia.
What are the major international airports in Georgia?
These are the top three biggest international airports in Georgia:
- Tbilisi International airport (TBS)
- Kutaisi International airport (KUT)
- Batumi International airport (BUS)
- Registration form to enter Georgia
- Georgian COVID Green Pass
- Entry Rules for Foreign Citizens Traveling to Georgia
Visit our Travel Restriction section at Kiwi.com Stories to read more travel restrictions articles