This article was published on March 17, 2022, and all the information in the article is correct as of this time. Before you book your trip, we highly recommend that you also check official sources for the most up-to-date travel requirements, as they are subject to constant change.
Can I enter Morocco?
Starting on February 7, 2022, international flights to Morocco were allowed to resume after a temporary ban. Please note that several COVID-19 requirements are still in place.
The first thing all foreign arrivals have to do when traveling to Morocco is to complete the Public Health Passenger Form.
Can I enter Morocco if I am vaccinated?
You can enter Morocco if you are vaccinated. You are considered fully vaccinated if you have completed the vaccination course at least 14 days before arriving in Morocco.
As of February 2022, there are four vaccines approved in Morocco:
- Vaxzevria — AstraZeneca
- Covishield — Serum Institute of India
- Sinopharm — Beijing Institute of Biological
- Sputnik V
Travel documents for vaccinated travelers
- A vaccination certificate (the EU Digital COVID Certificate is also valid)
- A negative PCR test less than 48 hours old
Children under the age of six are exempt from entry requirements. Children between 6 and 11 years of age must present a negative PCR test.
Can I enter Morocco if I am unvaccinated?
At present, unvaccinated foreign travelers are not permitted to enter Morocco for tourism.
Can I leave Morocco?
You can leave Morocco. Nevertheless, take your time to learn the requirements concerning COVID-19 tests and other documents of the destination country in advance.
Travel documents if I am vaccinated
- A certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19 in paper or electronic format
Travel documents if I am unvaccinated
If you are unvaccinated, please present one of the following documents:
- A certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (no more than 180 days old before the day of crossing the border of a particular country)
- A negative COVID-19 test result (the relevant period and kind of test may vary, please check the requirements of the destination country)
COVID-19 situation in Morocco currently
As of February 2022, the COVID-19 situation in Morocco has become safer when compared to previous months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel to Morocco right now?
International travel to Morocco is possible now. To ensure your safety, you have to follow basic rules:
- Wear masks indoors
- Keep a 1.5-meter social distance
Is Rabat open for travel?
Presently, Rabat is open for travelers. Please abide by all COVID-19 regulations that are the same as countrywide.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Morocco?
You don’t have to undergo a quarantine upon arrival in Morocco if you present a negative test result.
How do I get a health pass to travel to Morocco?
The EU Digital COVID Certificate is valid for usage in Morocco. However, it is highly recommended that you print out copies of all COVID-19 documents for both EU and non-EU travelers.
What are the biggest international airports in Morocco?
These are the top five biggest international airports in Morocco:
- Marrakesh Menara airport (RAK)
- Mohammed V International airport (CMN)
- Tangier Ibn Battouta airport (TNG)
- Agadir–Al Massira airport (AGA)
- Fès–Saïs airport (FEZ)
Which airlines fly to Morocco?
The top airlines flying to Morocco are:
Visit our Travel Restriction section at Kiwi.com Stories to read more travel restrictions articles