If you're covered by the Kiwi.com Guarantee and there's a schedule change, cancellation, or delay that affects your trip, we'll either buy you an alternative flight to your final destination, or offer you an amount to be refunded.
When you receive a notification that your trip has been affected, please always contact us back within 24 hours, or your Guarantee may be voided.
When the Kiwi.com Guarantee applies:
- Your flight was rescheduled, delayed, or cancelled by the airline for any reason except Force Majeure situations (see below). And because of this, you missed the connecting flight and no alternative flight was provided by the airline.
- Your baggage was delayed and because of that you missed your connecting flight.
- Immigration and customs procedures were prolonged and you missed your connecting flight.
Connections protected by the Kiwi.com Guarantee always involve 2 or more separate tickets, meaning your flights will be ticketed separately and you will receive a unique PNR number
for each flight. Please read our FAQ about PNR numbers
to familiarise yourself with the visa and check-in implications.
When the Kiwi.com Guarantee does NOT apply:
- Connections between two flights with the same PNR. You can find your PNR number(s) on the top left of each page of your e-ticket.
- You were late for check-in.
- You did not have the correct visa or travel documents for your layover airport.
- You were denied boarding due to a breach of the terms and conditions of the carrier.
- Force Majeure situations.
Examples of Force Majeure situations:
- Extreme weather conditions
- Air traffic controller strikes
- Political instability
- Terrorist attacks
- Volcanic activity
- Carrier insolvency
The airline usually protects you from Force Majeure
situations. But it’s always a good idea to have travel insurance
for complete coverage.
How to contact us:
- List of phone numbers
- Guarantee chat service — this service is only available when you are signed in and there are less than 4 h before your flight.