You can add travel insurance when booking a trip, or later in your account (non-US customers only).
We offer different types of insurance for US and non-US passengers:
- Insurance provided by Travelex Insurance Services for US nationals.
- Travel Protection Plan provided by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. for US nationals.
- Insurance provided by AXA Assistance for non-US nationals.
What are the details?
You'll find the exact coverage in the "Travel insurance" section on the booking page, or later when you sign in to your booking.
Policies purchased after January 24, 2020 do not cover COVID-19 related trip interruptions and cancellations. Coverage might be available for other benefits, so please refer to your plan for more details.
If you added Travelex insurance between February 20, 2020 and February 12, 2021, you’ll find your policy details here.
Once you add insurance, you'll receive a confirmation email.
Plans only cover cancellations due to covered unforeseen events. Please review your plan document for a complete listing of eligible covered events for the policy which you purchased.
How to claim compensation or assistance?
Reach out directly to the insurance provider.
You'll see their contact information in these places:
- Insurance confirmation email
- Your account
How to cancel or edit your insurance?
Sign in to your booking, scroll down to “Additional services”, and click “Buy insurance”.
You can cancel your insurance up to a specific date. Afterwards, travel insurance is non-refundable.
- With Travelex (US nationals), you can cancel up to 15 days after the purchase, but no later than the beginning of your journey. Insurance cancellation must be done for all passengers at once.
- With AXA Assistance USA, Inc. (US nationals), you can cancel up to 10 days from the date of purchase but no later than the beginning of your journey. Please review your plan documents for full details as cancellation terms vary by state. Insurance cancellation must be done for all passengers at once.
- With AXA (non-US nationals), you can cancel anytime for any traveler up to 48h before your journey.
With AXA Assistance, non-US nationals can switch their level of protection from Travel Basic to Travel Plus, or vice versa.