The coronavirus has created a wave of cancellation requests that the travel industry has never seen before. We continue to innovate to find new and better ways to help our customers. We've adapted our refunds and cancellations process to handle this situation.
How do I cancel my trip and get a refund?
- Sign in to your account.
- Open your trip and click "Refunds and cancellations" at the top of the page. Pick "Cancellation" and follow the instructions.
Usually, we'll offer you these options:
- Instant refund according to the fare type you selected when you made the booking
- Assisted refund. You'll need to pay a €20 processing fee upfront. We will contact the carrier(s) on your behalf and collect any available refund. We will send this amount to you in full as soon as we receive it. Assisted refunds will take longer due to the severity of the current situation.
- Carrier self-service — we'll provide you with all the credentials you need to get full control of your booking with the carriers. You can then change your trip or apply for a refund. We’ll automatically send you all emails, vouchers, credits, and refunds when we receive them. Refunds will be sent via your original payment method. Self-service won’t apply to all carriers and bookings, but we’ll offer it wherever possible. We're releasing this service gradually and will be adding new carriers in the upcoming days. If you don't see this option yet, please check back a bit later.
What if the carrier has already canceled my trip?
If a cancellation or schedule change affects your connecting flight(s), we will notify you via email and SMS. Sign in to your booking
to see your options. Depending on availability, we will offer you the following:
- Instant Kiwi.com Credit — we'll immediately send you credits, which you can use for future bookings. The amount varies for each itinerary, and you'll see it when you sign in.
- Assisted refund — as described above, you can pay a €20 processing fee upfront, and we'll contact the carriers on your behalf. You should check the carrier's refund policy before choosing the assisted refund.
- Carrier self-service — as described above, we'll provide you with all the credentials you need to get full control of your booking with the carriers.
- If you still want to travel — you can choose one of the alternative trips that we offer you. Choosing this option means that you won't be able to claim a refund for your original, affected trip.
Should I cancel my trip or not?
Every day, countries and carriers are announcing new travel restrictions. To help you decide whether or not to cancel, we are keeping a list of all of these restrictions, which you can find in the related articles below.