New York, NY to Barcelona flights from $286
Flights starting at $286. Choose between Norse Atlantic Airways, Vueling, or Ryanair to find the best price.
Kiwi-Code uncovers prices airlines don't want you to see.
Use our flexible filters to tailor your search.
Look out for the travel hack star icon for even cheaper fares.
Tips to know when travelling to Barcelona
Search by stops
Search by carrier
Search by price
Search by departure date
Weekly direct flights
American Airlines on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Sundays.
Finnair on Mondays, and Sundays.
JetBlue Airways on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Sundays.
British Airways on Mondays.
Delta Air Lines on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Iberia Airlines on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Lufthansa on Fridays.
United Airlines on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Virgin Atlantic Airways on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays.
Vueling on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Check-in for a flight from New York to Barcelona
|Name||Carrier code||IATA Code||Passport needed during booking||Online check-in available|
|Norse Atlantic Airways||NBT||N0||Yes||Opens 24 days before flight|
Closes 2 hours before flight
|Vueling||VLG||VY||No||Opens 168 days before flight|
Closes 4 hours before flight
|Ryanair||RYR||FR||No||Opens 24 days before flight|
Closes 2 hours before flight
|TAP Portugal||TAP||TP||Yes||Opens 36 days before flight|
Closes 1 hours before flight
|Iberia Airlines||IBE||IB||Yes||Opens 24 days before flight|
Closes 3 hours before flight
What to do in Barcelona
Barcelona is one of a few must-see cities because of its unique identity. The local artist Antoni Gaudí gave Barcelona an unmistakable look.
One of his most famous designs is the Sagrada Familia.
- This is a great place to start your Barcelona adventure.
- The minor basilica is still only around three-quarters complete more than 140 years after Gaudí first became involved.
- It is the tallest religious building in Europe.
- Gaudi is buried there, and the builders' faces have been immortalized in the stone.
- Individual tickets start at $25 Sagrada Familia tickets.
- Another amazing Gaudí building is the Casa Mila, also known as La Pedrera.
- It's one of several Catalan modernist works to be UNESCO listed.
- One of Guaudí's most Insta-friendly buildings.
- It has again an exterior which you just might fall in love with.
- You can also go inside this building for $9.
There are two groups of people. The ones who love Gaudí's style and those who don't. Now it is up to you! Visit Barcelona and decide which see which side you're on. We only mentioned three of Gaudi's buildings, but you can visit more than ten from this incredible artist.
If you need to meet your friends and don't know where. Try the best meeting point in the city.
Place de Catalunya
It's a great meeting point if you want to go wine tasting, shopping, or sightseeing around the city.
- All sport lovers should pay a visit to Camp Nou.
- It's the biggest football stadium in Europe.
- If you can't get tickets to a game, you can do a Camp Nou Tour instead.
- Prices start at $25. Find tickets here.
- Fun fact about Barcelona season tickets — you can't just buy them. You need to inherit them, join a club, or obtain them in some other way from the owner.
Barcelona's beachfront boardwalk stretches for miles. It takes a good hour to get from Barceloneta to Diagonal Mar on foot, but it's a walk that'll really help you understand the city.
- It is the longest and most famous street in Barcelona.
- It goes from Placa de Catalunya down to Columbus Monument at the waterfront.
- This street is a living theatre. You'll encounter living statues, street performers, and much more.
- If you prefer the shade of modern restaurants and shops, Las Ramblas is also the place for you.
In the middle of the famous La Rambla, you can find an amazing market. Dating back to 1217, La Boqueria is the oldest market of its type in Barcelona.
Barcelona is a paradise for museum lovers.
Barcelona City History Museum
- More than 4,000 sqm to explore.
- it's best to check the museum's website and book your tickets in advance because there are lots of options to choose from.
If you're a food lover, Barcelona must be on your bucket list. You'll find something for all tastes in the city.
- Aside from local Catalan and Spanish cuisine, you might be surprised to discover a lot of Japanese restaurants too.
- The Pa amb tomàquet is a delicious Catalan snack of rustic bread with a sweet tomato mix.
- Another signature food in this city is arròs negre. It is rice with squid or cuttlefish, and the rice is black from the ink of the squid or cuttlefish.
Spain COVID-19 travel restrictions
Latest COVID-19 restrictions
- Travel is allowed with restrictions
- No proof of negative pre-departure COVID-19 test required for vaccinated travelers
- No quarantine required
Most travelers from New York, SWF can enter Spain, but there are restrictions.
|Forms and documents|
|Forms and documents|
Information is provided as guidance only and accurate at the time of publishing. Always check government websites and airline materials before booking and traveling.
Learn more about COVID-19 restrictions in Spain in our dedicated Stories article.
Frequently asked questions
Planning a trip? Thanks to our Virtual Interlining algorithm, we offer billions of route combinations between any A and any B in the world by plane, train, and bus. Find the cheapest routes and best deals for you, as well as the best dates on which to travel.