Best airlines to fly with in 2023
Make your travel wishlist, we'll do the rest
Largest airlines in the world
- American Airlines — more than 6700 flights daily, 881 aircrafts, 157 destinations
- Delta Airlines — around 5400 flights daily to all continents, 834 aircrafts, 355 destinations
- Turkish Airlines — 312 aircrafts and 306 destinations
- China Southern Airlines — 121 destinations, 626 aircrafts, in the top 10 in number of passengers per year
Largest airlines in Europe:
- Ryanair — serving only 34 countries, Ryanair carries more international passengers than any other airline
- Lufthansa — 201 destinations, in the top 10 in number of passengers per year
- International Airlines Group (with British Airways and Iberia as subsidiaries) serves about 200 destinations worldwide
- EasyJet — in the top 10 in number of aircrafts and passengers per year
Largest airlines in US:
- American Airlines and Delta Airlines mentioned above as the biggest airlines not only in the US but in the world
- Southwest Airlines — more than 700 aircrafts and more than 100 different destinations
- TAM Airlines — the largest airline in South America
|Division into economy and business class||A shared cabin for all passengers|
|High baggage allowance||Baggage is usually strictly limited or paid additionally|
|Options of ticket exchange or money refund in case of cancelling the flight||No ability to change or cancel a flight for free, money is not refunded|
|Both direct and transfer flights||Direct flights only|
|Drinks and food are free on board||Drinks and food are paid additionally|
|Ability to choose seats||Random seats (particular seats can be booked for an extra charge)|
|Both online services and offline ticket offices||Online purchase of tickets only|
- A wide variety of destinations
- Common bonus programs that allow you to collect reward points through air travel with any of the participating airlines
- A simplified procedure for connecting flights
- A big, comfortable distance between seats (AirArabia, Air France, AirBaltic, El Al, Etihad Airways)
- Good food service (Emirates, Etihad Airways, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines)
- Entertainment to pass the time (Etihad Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, and Turkish Airlines); passengers of these airlines can watch movies on the screen built into the back of the seat in front of them, listen to music, or play interactive games
- Free baggage allowance (Etihad Airways and Atlasglobal are the leaders)
Frequently asked questions
What are the best airlines in the world?
Which airline has the best first class?
What are the best economy airlines in the world?
Is United or Delta better?
What are the best airlines to fly internationally?
What are the best airlines to fly with pets?
Which airlines are the safest?
Which airlines have the best frequent flyer programs?
Which airlines have the best premium economy seats?
How to get the best fares on airlines?
Which airlines have the best food?
Which airlines have the best business class?
How many five-star airlines are there in the world?