Flights to United Kingdom
Kiwi-Code uncovers prices airlines don't want you to see.
Use our flexible filters to tailor your search.
Look out for the travel hack star icon for even cheaper fares.
Popular cities in United Kingdom
- #activities #city break #events |Washington, D.C.| Flights to London
- #activities #events #family fun |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Manchester
- #city break #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Edinburgh
- #activities #city break #events |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Birmingham
- #concerts #events #nightlife |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Glasgow
- #activities #city break #events |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Bristol
- #music #nightlife |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Liverpool
- #family fun #nightlife |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Newcastle upon Tyne
- #city break #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Belfast
- #nightlife #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Leeds
- #activities #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Nottingham
- #beach #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Aberdeen
- #beach #surfing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Newquay
- #family fun #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Southampton
- #activities #nightlife |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Inverness
- #sightseeing |Washington, D.C.| Flights to Cardiff
Explore airlines and airports
Airports in United Kingdom
Airports near United Kingdom
Popular airports in United Kingdom
Buses & trains
Travel to the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom consistently finds itself within the top 10 most visited countries in the world. That feat is owed to a number of important factors: the island’s natural beauty and diversity of landscapes, the many cultural activities, and the United Kingdom’s rich history.
Crowds flock to immerse themselves in landscapes featured in poems, songs, and films. They also travel to indulge themselves in traditional British cuisine, a simple yet hearty school of cooking that has inspired dishes worldwide, and visit the many iconic landmarks and world-famous museums throughout the country.
When is the best time to fly to the UK?
The best time of the year to visit the UK is in the spring and the fall, most specifically in May and September. These two months tend to have the best balance of warm and dry weather. For reference, the average temperature highs in the UK during September are 18℃.
When is the cheapest time of year to visit the UK?
The off-season is the short answer — November to early December, and then again in late December to March. Airlines offer the cheapest flights during these times, and hotel prices will be at their lowest too. Remember, this rule does not apply to the few weeks around Christmas.
Transportation in and around the United Kingdom
Getting around the UK is very simple. Upon arrival, travelers are met with a universal public transport system that covers most of the country. Inner city travel and inter-city travel are both widely accessible.
Buses are often the most reliable form of transport in the city - though make sure to use the famous London Underground train network when in the capital, so you can experience the world’s first underground metro system.
Many of the UK’s major cities - London, Manchester, and Liverpool - offer bike sharing programs for the public. Make sure to adhere to road bike rules and use cycle lanes.
Bike Sharing Apps and Programmes:
- Santander Cycles: London
- Bee Network: Manchester
- Beryl: Birmingham
- Citybike: Liverpool
- JustEat Cycles: Edinburgh
- Citycard Cycles: Nottingham
How to get from the airport to the city
The UK’s largest airport is London Heathrow Airport (LHR). The majority of international airlines will fly to and from there.
The easiest way to get to central London from the airport is to use the Heathrow Express, a frequent train service that will take you to Paddington Station.
Most major UK airports will have designated bus or train services that take passengers to the nearest city. If you find yourself arriving at an awkward time, then taxi services are always a valuable resource.
Biggest city nearby
Mode of transport
Price per person
London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
Manchester Airport (MAN)
Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
Birmingham Airport (BHX)
Plan your trip to the United Kingdom
Must-have British local apps
- Deliveroo — food delivery service
- Uber — car-sharing service
- Citymapper — bus and train schedules all over the UK
- Frugl — best deals for free or low-cost things to do across the UK
Other useful things to know before your trip to the UK
UK uses three pin plug system - adapters can be purchased easily upon arrival if necessary.
plug type E -- two round pins and a hole for the socket's male earthing pin
Pound sterling (GBP)
UK exchange rate
1 GBP is €1.19
1 GBP is $1.21
UK time zone
The UK changes civil time twice a year. Clocks advance one hour during British Summer Time (UTC+01:00) and revert to UTC+00:00 at the end of October.
- Travel to the United Kingdom
- When is the best time to fly to the UK?
- When is the cheapest time of year to visit the UK?
- Transportation in and around the United Kingdom
- How to get from the airport to the city
- Plan your trip to the United Kingdom
- Must-have British local apps
- Other useful things to know before your trip to the UK
UK travel guide
Kiwi.com: the best free travel app for Android and iPhone
Find out more about the Kiwi.com app on kiwi.com/mobile . With our app you can search for the best plane, train and bus connections. The Kiwi.com mobile app offers cheap flights, access to hidden features, travel hacks and special offers.
Search cheap flights
Simplified planning and booking
Travel deals built for you
Kiwi.com travel hacks