Plane tickets to Australia
Explore airlines and airports
Airports in Australia
Airports near Australia
Airports flying to Australia
Buses & trains
Australia Country Guide
Different for each part of the country e.g. Canberra (GMT +10)
Australia is encircled by the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean in Oceania, famed for its tropical white beaches such as Byron Beach, unbelievable islands like the Whitsundays, and breathtaking landforms like Uluru.
With a land area of 7 692 024 km2, it would be physically impossible to see all the main tourist attractions in Australia in one visit, but with some planning, you'll get to see all the main sights.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Australia?
Australia's seasons are quite different from most countries because of its geographical location.
The country's summer months are from December until February, with temperatures ranging between 20°C to 37°C in most cities. This is an expensive time to visit Australia, and availability for accommodation is scarce, so you best book well in advance.
For a low-cost trip to Australia, travel in the winter months from June until August, with temperatures ranging between 11°C and 30°C. As a result of the unpredictable weather, tourists tend to avoid traveling in the off-season, so you can find some excellent flight deals, especially on Kiwi.com.
Shoulder seasons are a great low-cost alternative to traveling in the summer. These are between March and May and between September and November. You can find affordable flight deals from many major cities around the world to the most visited Australian destinations during these months. Temperatures aren't too high or too low, and there are barely any crowds; you couldn't ask for much more.
Cheapest month to fly to Australia
|Annual Avg. Price||577 GBP|
|September 2023||727 GBP|
|October 2023||646 GBP|
|November 2023||526 GBP|
|December 2023||534 GBP|
|January 2024||669 GBP|
|February 2024||514 GBP|
|March 2024||597 GBP|
|April 2024||598 GBP|
|May 2024||455 GBP|
|June 2024||395 GBP|
|July 2024||677 GBP|
|August 2024||588 GBP|
How To Get Around Australia
Modes Of Transport In Australia
Mode of transport
Price per person/ride
Where to buy a ticket/catch a taxi
At the train station
Food services are only available on long haul journeys, so bring some snacks.
On the bus from the driver.
Be at the bus stop five minutes before the departure time. Ensure you wave at the driver so they can see you, or they’ll just drive past.
To nearby areas - €5.44
From one of the ticket offices at the port.
Always keep an eye on the weather forecast as ferries can cancel at the last minute.
How To Get From The Airport To The City Center
Nearest biggest city
Mode of transport
Price per person/ride
Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
€1 - €3
Melbourne International Airport (MEL)
€10.00 - €14.00
Perth International Airport
What Are The Best Australia Travel Tips?
Must-Have Local Apps In Australia?
Make your vacation in Australia hassle-free with these mobile applications.
- YHA Australia - Great for finding cheap accommodation
- The Happiest Hour - Shows you deals on food and drink in your area.
- Beach Safe - Tells you which beaches are safe to swim at.
- Trail Wallet - For tracking your spending.
- XE Currency Converter - Gives you live exchange rates.
Which Are The Things You Should Know For Your Upcoming Trip To Australia?
- Sim card providers - Vodafone, Optus, and Telstra
- Currency used - Australian Dollars.
- Exchange rate - (€1 - AUD $ 1.65) ($1 - AUD $ 1.50).
- Withdrawing money with a foreign bank card in Australia isn't budget friendly unless you have a WISE card, which allows you to withdraw 350 AUD per month. Exchanging physical cash at a bureau de change is favorable if you're a budget, as some places won't even charge commission. Additionally, many stores allow people to pay with debit cards, so you'll always have an option.
- Like all major touristy places to go, Australia has its fair share of tourist traps, from vehicle hire scams to unlicensed taxis trying to pick up fares at the airport.
- Australia has lots of public holidays across the year that you should take note of in case you need to book accommodation in advance, including Australia Day (26th of January), Anzac Day (25th of April), and Easter Sunday (9th of April).
- Australia Country Guide
- When Is The Best Time To Visit Australia?
- How To Get Around Australia
- Modes Of Transport In Australia
- How To Get From The Airport To The City Center
- What Are The Best Australia Travel Tips?
- Must-Have Local Apps In Australia?
- Which Are The Things You Should Know For Your Upcoming Trip To Australia?