Plane tickets to India
Explore airlines and airports
Airports in India
Airports near India
Airports flying to India
Buses & trains
Travel To India
C, D and M
India is said to be the country where you go to challenge yourself, known for its bustling mega cities like Mumbai, spicy curries, tourist attractions like the Taj Mahal, and curious people who will stop you on the street to get a photo with you at every chance they get.
Every trip to India involves a great deal of planning because of its sheer size, but the rewards you reap for conquering this amazing country are worth it.
When Is The Best Time To Visit India?
India has a tropical climate, so you need to be cautious when choosing when to visit, as you don't want to be stuck in bad weather for your whole trip. You won’t have to worry about your budget too much though, regardless of the time of year, as the country is generally cheap.
Most people travel to India in the winter, from December until March, as these are the months with bearable weather. It won't be as humid as in the summer, and spells of rain are scarce. Yes, there are plenty of tourists, but because India is a cheap country in general, the prices are affordable.
If you plan on visiting India in the summer season, also referred to as the off-season, prepare for high humidity levels, plenty of thunderstorms, and the possibility of cyclones in some parts of the country. Without a doubt, visiting India during these months is extremely budget-friendly, but you'll have to grin and bear the weather to be there for the least expensive time.
Cheapest month to fly to India
|Annual Avg. Price||816 CAD|
|September 2023||688 CAD|
|October 2023||588 CAD|
|November 2023||792 CAD|
|December 2023||916 CAD|
|January 2024||808 CAD|
|February 2024||811 CAD|
|March 2024||896 CAD|
|April 2024||864 CAD|
|May 2024||908 CAD|
|June 2024||782 CAD|
|July 2024||835 CAD|
|August 2024||905 CAD|
How To Get Around India
Modes Of Transport In India
Mode of transport
Price per person/ride
Where to buy a ticket/catch a taxi
At the train station or online on the IRTC website.
At the time of booking your tickets, reserve a seat, or else you'll be standing. Indian trains fill up fast.
At the bus station from the ticket counter or online through Redbus.
Buses in India can take quite a while to reach a destination, so don't expect to arrive on time.
€0.11 per kilometer
Pay the driver once you arrive.
Negotiate a price with the driver before getting into the vehicle to avoid being scammed.
How To Get From The Airport To The City Center
Nearest biggest city
Mode of transport
Price per person/ride
Mumbai International Airport (BOM)
Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL)
Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (VNS)
€5 to €7
What Are The Best India Travel Tips?
Must-Have Local Apps In India?
- Ola Cabs - Ridesharing
- Incredible India - Inspiration for places to go
- IRTC - For booking trains
- Yatra - Low-cost hotels, experiences, and flights
- Weather Bug - Live weather updates
Which Are The Things You Should Know For Your Upcoming Trip To India?
- Sim card providers - Airtel, Jio, Vi, and Airalo
- Currency used - Indian Rupee
- Exchange rate - (€1 - ₹90.96) ($1 - ₹81.75)
- Although bank cards are accepted in some establishments, India is largely a cash-based society. ATMs are everywhere in India, even in some rural parts of the country, so you won't struggle to take out some cash, but charges will apply. ,[object Object], It’s safe to withdraw money in India, but always be aware of your surroundings. If possible, try to bring some of your home currency with you and exchange it at one of the bureaus following your arrival.
- There's a joke among travelers that states you haven't been to India unless you've fallen victim to a scam. It's inevitable that it will happen, especially if you're spending a considerable amount of time traveling through the country. ,[object Object], Common tourist traps include taxis taking tourists longer routes to charge them more, counterfeit money returns, tour guides taking tourists to places to taunt them into giving over money, and the list goes on.
- India is known for its huge number of celebrations throughout the calendar, resulting in many attractions being closed. Certain regions may have a bank holiday while others won't, so it's important to research beforehand. ,[object Object], Some notable dates to watch out for include January 1st (New Year's Day), March 8th (Holi), August 15th (Independence Day), and November 12th (Diwali).