Insuring your baggage from getting lost
When you book your trip, you can add a third-party service provided by Blue Ribbon Bags that protects your baggage if it gets lost or delayed during your travels. If that happens, Blue Ribbon Bags will help you track and expedite the return of your bags.
What to do if your bag gets lost:
- Report your lost baggage to the airline and collect a file reference or locator number along with a copy of your Property Irregularity Report, as provided by the airline.
- Report your lost baggage to Blue Ribbon Bags within 24 hours of your flight’s landing, either by calling (+1 (888) 224 4243) or through their website. They’re available 24/7.
Satisfaction Guarantee Payment
- If your baggage is not returned to you within 96 hours, Blue Ribbon Bags will send you €1,000 per bag, guaranteed.
- Payments are guaranteed even if your bags are returned after the 96-hour service period.
- No proof of baggage contents is required to receive the Satisfaction Guarantee Payment.
- A claim must be filed with your airline prior to reporting your mishandled bag to Blue Ribbon Bags.
- This service works in addition to any other insurance that you may have.
- Blue Ribbon Bags service covers every flight, on every airline, everywhere in the world.
- You'll receive automatic email updates each time there is any change to the status of your mishandled bag.
You can find Blue Ribbon Bags’ full conditions here (be mindful that they’re only available in English).
Did this article help you?